Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Change is A'Comin'

There was no indication - no ray of light or voice from heaven to announce the change that was about to take place in my life. I was having lunch with a former colleague  and dear friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a few years. Our lives had changed drastically since we had worked together and we ended up talking at length about where we were in our careers. We are both strong, independent women who thrive on the idea of doing something worthwhile without the confines of four-walls, a boss, or political drama. She asked me if I'd ever heard of a health and wellness company called Ariix (pronounced ar-ex)?


Me now
Me in my dreams
My friend, Patti and I, have both been loyal customers of another health and wellness company (shout out to Melaleuca, Inc.) for more than two decades, so I was immediately interested. When I found out that she had lost 13 lbs on something called Slenderiix, I couldn't have cared less about the company's curious propensity for double "iix's" (slenderiix, ariix, rejuveniix, restoriix...) Like nectar from the gods, I figured if I could get my hands on some of these liquid weight-loss drops, that had obviously worked for my girlfriend, I might lose a few pounds, thus scoring in my favor in my "Battle of the Bulge." 
How did it work?, I asked her. She rattled something off about hypothalamus glands, metabolic syndrome, and set points, but I was already dreaming of a new thinner me...





blog, subscribe, email

Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment