Monday, November 26, 2012

Coming Full Circle

It was at this juncture in my personal journey for health,  success, and happiness that my friend and former colleague reconnected on Facebook. I had met Patti when I first moved to California 17 years earlier. Introduced by my mom, we soon became friends and   Patti helped me get my foot in the door at the marketing department for Loma Linda University Medical Center where we worked for the next 10 years.

Simple Simon's in Riverside
After leaving Loma Linda and moving to Los Angeles in 2007, we'd lost contact, so I was thrilled when I got an email from her through Facebook. We immediately made plans to meet for lunch at Simple Simons - a local cafe. Over warm hugs and coffee, we talked about her recent nuptials to a childhood friend. It seems cliche to say my friend fairly radiated, but I had to admit - she looked wonderful. She'd recently lost some weight and her level of energy was enviable. While I'd definitely been aging - Patti looked like she'd reversed the clock.

Herself an entrepreneur and business coach, Patti agreed to help me get my own business endeavors off of the ground, including a promise to edit an e-book I'd written. But our conversations kept going back to her weight loss and health transformation.

"You have got to tell me how you did it, I gushed."
"Well I was part of a beta-test for a new weightless product and I lost 13 lbs in about three weeks."
"What kind of product works that well?"
"They are homeopathic liquid drops, called Slenderiix that work by helping your body reset it's set point."
"Well, I laughed, obviously I could stand to lose about 60 lbs. How can I get some?"  
In the back of my mind, I would've been happy just to lose a few pounds - anything to help me feel like I was gaining some control over my health and therefore - my LIFE. I'm happy to say that what I got was far more...
blog, subscribe, email

Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment